FTP Upload many files

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

FTP Upload many files

Postby pocoloco » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi guys,

i currenty test the Rapid PHP Editor and one thing i miss is, to upload files via FTP at once. Right now the files can only be uploaded one for one. Is there a way to select many files and upload them at once?
Or is there a plan to do this in the future? It´s really heaving-going if you have to upload for example 100 images.

Thanks in advance.

Pocoloco
pocoloco

Re: FTP Upload many files

Postby Aivars » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:39 am

There are several ways to upload multiple files at once such as drag & drop from Windows Explorer or using Project -> Publish to FTP feature, or when you right click in FTP pane -> Upload Files you can select multiple files. If some other place only allows single file upload, let us know, but I think all of them should be able to support multiple files.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby xtom » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Most of my time is spent in project view and it would be nice to be able to upload multiple files at once from there. It would be so much quicker than browsing through the folders via fto and then browsing again through directories for the files you want to upload.
xtom

Postby pocoloco » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:14 am

I agree with xtom. This would be really nice. Another thing is that you can only upload files, but not a folder. If i want to prepare a folder structure i have to create a blank file first and upload it to create the folder on my webserver.

I also miss to download many files at once. I also spend the most time in project view and if i want to update my local files, i have to do that file by file because there is no way to select many files in project view. So actually you have to change to FTP, connect with your FTP Host, select the files you want and also select the folder you want the files to be downloaded. This is not very practibable also also prone to errors if you select a wrong folder.

It would be a nice solution if you can do that within the project view to have a quicker workflow.
pocoloco

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests