PHP Framework: Laravel

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

PHP Framework: Laravel

Postby schir1964 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:01 pm

I've searched these boards but surprisingly haven't found any request to support Laravel. Is there any plans to support this PHP framework?
This framework is along the same lines as CodeIgniter and includes a HTML template language called Blade which is along the same lines as Smarty.

- Christopher Mullins
schir1964

Re: PHP Framework: Laravel

Postby Aivars » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:18 pm

This is planned and will be released with the next major version. In fact the framework is already supported in the development version by now.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby kfury77 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:17 pm

Hi Christopher - WeBuilder 2015 public beta 1 is now available which includes code hints/autocomplete for the Laravel framework.

Download details here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6491
kfury77

Postby orkunbaba » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:52 am

Hi

I select Laravel from Frameworks menu under the options menu,
then in my laravel project i write in the editor

Route::g
or
Route::
or
Rou

then there is no auto complete or function list occur in editor. i also press CTRL+Space and same problem again.

is there any trick for this laravel autocomplete

regards
orkunbaba

Postby Aivars » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:24 pm

All Laravel methods have been scanned as non-static methods. I'll try to fix this until the release. If you feel brave and know jQuery, you can try to fix the scraper script for Laravel here: https://github.com/aivarsi/framework-scraper-webuilder (laravel_class.js)
Aivars

Postby schir1964 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:18 pm

Laravel - Blade Syntax Highlighting:

I've purchased WebBuilder 2015 and selected the Laravel framework option.

I noticed that the blade syntax is not highlighted
Is the Blade Syntax highlighting not supported? Or is that on the roadmap?

I can confirm that the Laravel autocomplete only functions after entering a character after the double colon '::'.
I would find it useful for the feature to show all the methods for a particular static class.

Another note: Laravel does have some duplication in naming things that could be difficult to implement fully, such as:
Route:: is a reference to a static class with various methods, but
route() is a reference to a helper function

The initial word portiion is identical with the only difference being one is capitalized while the other is not.

Thanks for trying to support the Laravel Framework. It will help me a lot.

- Christopher Mullins
schir1964

Postby Aivars » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:08 am

Blade templating syntax highlighting is not supported, at least for now. I don't understand why every framework absolutely absolutely must create their own engine and syntax but oh well :(

This is what I get when I write Route::
routelaravel.png
routelaravel.png (6.3 KiB) Viewed 13179 times

is it something different for you?

Duplicate naming is not supported by our autocomplete system unfortunately at this time. We will try to improve this as time goes, starting with getting rid of case-insensitivity, which is in the plan but is not as easy as sounds.
Aivars

Postby schir1964 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:41 pm

When I type

Route::

Nothing happens. The cursor just blinks after the double colon. Once I enter any letter I get the popup box showing the various methods available.

This was on a new installation of the WebBuilder 2015 13.0 (Version 13.0.0.162) - Personal License.
Windows 7 Professional
32 Bit O/S and Hardware.

- Christopher Mullins
schir1964

Postby Aivars » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:54 am

Can you open Language Browser, select Laravel, select Route and hover over getValidators function? If it says Returns: static array instead of array then open in Windows Explorer %APPDATA%\WeBuilder\settings\library_data and tell me if libraries.ini and libraries.sqlite files exist there or not.
Aivars

Postby schir1964 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:37 am

getValidators function show 'Returns: static array'
and the %APPDATA%\Blumentals\WeBuilder\settings\library_data directory is empty (no files).

So I'm guessing my installation was lacking something? (8^D)

- Christopher Mullins
schir1964

Postby Aivars » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:12 pm

It seems that the updated library file has not been included in the setup. Strange, because I tested it myself and everything was right, but now that I think about it it might have been Rapid PHP. I'll let my colleagues know that setup needs to be repackaged asap.
Aivars

Postby schir1964 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:40 am

WebBuilder 2015
Version 13.0 (13.0.0.162)

Just installed latest update. Still not getting full list of functions after double colon (::).

- Christopher Mullins
schir1964

Postby Aivars » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:09 pm

The problem has been fixed but the update is stuck in the release queue. I expect it to come out soon. PM me if you want to have the relevant file sent manually without waiting for the update.
Aivars

Postby schir1964 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:51 am

Just updated to the latest patch and the Laraval help screen now appears as expected. Thanks.

Now about that Blade templating.... just kidding. (8^D)

I realize that implementing that is low priority compared to other things that need to get done.

- Christopher Mullins
schir1964

Postby Aivars » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:48 pm

Blade is definitely in the list but maybe for the next major version, we'll see. I'm all for it but these decisions are approved or rejected by change control, hopefully they're convinced though. If you feel brave and smart, you can try editing <Program Files>\WeBuilder 2015\data\parsers twig or smarty parser if you don't use them (some help: http://help.blumentals.net/webuilder/cu ... rs_doc.htm), add blade extension to Options -> Preferences -> Document Types to correct section, and edit <Program Files>\WeBuilder 2015\data\newdoc.ini to add your extension. If you manage to make something, let me know.
Aivars

Next

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests