Tool to match open/close php tags

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Tool to match open/close php tags

Postby sootsnoot » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:50 pm

Using RapidPHP 17.7 (ever since version 10.0)

One of the most annoying and frustrating bugs in writing view scripts containing php code intermingled with html, is when the closing '?>' tag for matching an opening '<?php' tag is missing. I would naively think it easy to make the nice button that finds the matching character for parentheses, braces, and square brackets expand to include php tags. Actually, you already highlight matching html tags, so just extending it to include php tags would be great. Hard to believe it's not done yet, it seems like an obvious thing that should have been part of html tag matching...
sootsnoot

Re: Tool to match open/close php tags

Postby fencerefuse » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:18 am

That's right. This affects aesthetics a lot. Perhaps an adjustment will be difficult to come by.
fencerefuse

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests