Ribbon interface

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Ribbon interface

Postby ringoffire » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:01 pm

How about the Ribbon interface of the new Office 2007?

ringoffire

Postby chrisjlocke » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:53 am

Yuk. Image
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby MikeyB » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:49 pm

chrisjlocke wrote:Yuk. Image

LOL

Same thought from me to, just don't like the ribbon toolbar things at all, looks so messy.
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby chrisjlocke » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:31 pm

Its nice in one way - the buttons it shows are relevant to what you're doing, but its equally a support guys worst nightmare. "Click on the such-and-such button". "I don't see that, only X, Y and Z". "Oh, to get that button you have to ensure you've clicked on that, then this, and make sure the other thing isn't selected."

So much easier to say, "Click Edit then the blah-blah option..." etc...
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby syrupcore » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:13 pm

agreed. takes up way too much room.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:50 pm

We shall not introduce this at least for now:

a) It will make the program slow - all those effects take additional computing power.

b) Most users are used to the classic style and we can not support both styles as it would make the code messy and the program slow.

c) This was not designed for web developers it was designed for regular users.

d) Most developers hate it :)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Mr_Fawlty » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:46 pm

I actually love it. It took me a while, but I eventually got used to it to the point that now going back to Menus & toolbars seems so clunky. I know it was designed for the average Joe but even for advanced users it can be a real boon, as long as each command is in the most logical container.

To all those who hate it - just try it, and I don't mean, install it, try for 5 minutes, then uninstall it!!
"Don't Mention The War!
I Mentioned It Once, But I Think I Got Away With It...!"
Mr_Fawlty

Postby syrupcore » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:36 pm

Mr_Fawlty wrote:To all those who hate it - just try it, and I don't mean, install it, try for 5 minutes, then uninstall it!!

I use it all day at work in Outlook and word and stuff. It's ok but in webuilder, I'm looking for less buttons and more code. the old button system folds better. I reckon it's only a matter of time until webuilder has to move toward the new OS standard microsoft is setting but for now, I hope we keep it old school!

I DO really love the color selector.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests