Does anyone need SQL editor or explorer?

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Would you use integrated SQL editor?

Yes
67%
Yes, if it has this feature: (describe in reply to this topic)
11%
No, I do not need special SQL editor
8%
No, I already have a good SQL editor/tool
9%
I never use SQL
5%

Total votes : 64

Postby Rainman » Mon May 01, 2006 2:05 am

I think the current SQL browser functionality should use ODBC connections instead of mysql. This allows a higher flexibility and use a newer version of mysql.
Rainman

Postby jazzle » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:59 am

Vandulus wrote:I'd love a SQL query editor with sytax checking and highlighting in WeBuilder!

agreed, also the ability to see example output for SELECT queries.
jazzle

Postby livingsingle » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:29 am

I would like a SQL query editor with syntax checking and highlighting, and a database and table editor, and funktions like mysqlcc.
Last edited by livingsingle on Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
livingsingle

Postby MikeyB » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:48 am

Personally I don't think I'd use a built-in SQL editor.

As it is, most of the time I'm working with MS SQL servers, so can't use the current SQL Explorer, and use Stored Procedures anyway, so the actual SQL is not in the script.

My personal sites use MySQL but I always use the phpMySQL manager on my web host.
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby JGrubbs » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:10 am

I would like to see the ability to drag and drop from the SQL window to an open php file to create the sql queries, like TSW Webcoder does. You can browse the tables of a database, see the content of it, and make queries to see or modify data of the database. You can drag the field names to the editor, to easily write your own queries, or you can even let WebCoder generate PHP code to extract, insert and modify data of the database, for direct use in your website. With the query window you can easily test your queries before you implement them.
JGrubbs

phpMyAdmin 2.10

Postby peep » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:35 am

I do not see a point why to duplicate phpMyAdmin funcionality.
peep

Built-In SQL Explorer/Editor

Postby ticarson » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:55 pm

I would MOST DEFINITELY use this tool. MSSQL/MS Access capability would be MOST AWESOME and MOST COOL! 8)
ticarson

More details and features

Postby gusc » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:30 pm

I would like to use it, but it only shows tables and data - more features would be great, like show functions (in PostgreSQL). Btw NuSphere PhpED is very detailed - maybe you could grab some ideas from them.
gusc

Previous

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests