Two small options (or changes) I'd love to see

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Two small options (or changes) I'd love to see

Postby Ryan Williams » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:22 am

At the moment I'm wholly satisfied with WeBuilder, but one thing that continually slows down my workflow a little is the way that saving a file as a new file closes the old one (or rather, the new file replaces its tab). It's very rarely that I don't want to keep using the original file, and I'd love to not have to open them up again all the time.

Also, when writing CSS and the automatic brace filler does it work, it adds an extra line break below every time. I personally find myself with double line breaks all the time and have to go and remove them at the end of my work as I get a little OCD about that kind of thing. Am I the only one who keeps accidentally doing this? :shock:

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else agrees with either of my comments. Maybe then they'd stand a chance of being implemented. ;)
Ryan Williams

Re: Two small options (or changes) I'd love to see

Postby syrupcore » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:26 am

Ryan Williams wrote:At the moment I'm wholly satisfied with WeBuilder, but one thing that continually slows down my workflow a little is the way that saving a file as a new file closes the old one (or rather, the new file replaces its tab). It's very rarely that I don't want to keep using the original file, and I'd love to not have to open them up again all the time.

there's another thread about this request I believe.

Also, when writing CSS and the automatic brace filler does it work, it adds an extra line break below every time. I personally find myself with double line breaks all the time and have to go and remove them at the end of my work as I get a little OCD about that kind of thing. Am I the only one who keeps accidentally doing this? :shock:

I'm not sure I know what you mean but I like the OCD part. :D I wish I only ever had to edit the code of people like you. I have total code OCD and I think that's downright healthy.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Sat May 12, 2007 12:59 pm

Can you send me a screenshot of that CSS brace thing? Thanks!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Ryan Williams » Mon May 14, 2007 10:04 am

Having gotten used to the editor it a bit more with time I don't find the line break so much of an issue anymore, but what I basically meant was is that if it auto-completes a { } set, it'll add a blank line of white space beneath the final brace.

There are a few situations where I don't like this such as when I'm working with my 'skeleton' CSS file, but for the most part it saves a stroke when creating elements. False alarm. :oops:
Ryan Williams

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests