X-Ray

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

X-Ray

Postby charlesroper » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:05 pm

Has anyone seen the x-ray features of WesCiv StyleMaster or Macrabbit CSSEdit? If you haven't, think Firebug, but built into the application. Very, very handy.

Are there any plans to integrate such a feature into WeBuilder? Firebug-style inspection and debugging would, in my humble opinion, make WeBuilder utterly indispensable and would blow every other competing product right out of the water.

Cheers,

Charles
charlesroper

Re: X-Ray

Postby peep » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:00 pm

charlesroper wrote:Has anyone seen the x-ray features of WesCiv StyleMaster or Macrabbit CSSEdit? If you haven't, think Firebug, but built into the application. Very, very handy.

Are there any plans to integrate such a feature into WeBuilder? Firebug-style inspection and debugging would, in my humble opinion, make WeBuilder utterly indispensable and would blow every other competing product right out of the water.

Cheers,

Charles

I'd prefer if I could inspect a page and click on elements to point out which part of the PHP code created that stuff :) Impossible? Probably...
peep

Postby erikh » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:06 am

I'll second that for webuilder...I LOVE the xray feature in StyleMaster, wish we could have that here.
erikh

Postby Karlis » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:46 pm

In the version 2007 we hope to include basic XRay that allows you to click on any element in the HTML page and see what styles are applied to that element.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby charlesroper » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:08 pm

That's GREAT news - thanks Karlis!
charlesroper

Postby syrupcore » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:10 am

It would be handy but sounds like a lot overhead for something that's largely available in firebug. firebug shows you the relevant css line number so it's pretty easy to go do your edits after experimenting.

of course, I'm the guy who is anti preview-in-editor so I have a skewed opinion. ;)
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby charlesroper » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:40 am

I'd be happy with Firebug integration. That is, use Fb to inspect elements but have an option to jump to the code in WeBuilder. A way of being able to persist changes made in Fb would also be useful.
charlesroper

Postby syrupcore » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:12 pm

YES! A webuilder firefox plugin that integrates with firebug would be a 10-ton dream.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby syrupcore » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:00 pm

check out Aptana for some idea of how the IDE and firebug are being integrated. It's integrating jQuery too. Too bad it's eclipse based. java bloat. :(
syrupcore
Top Contributor

X-RAY

Postby Brian Taylor » Sat May 12, 2007 10:02 pm

I was checking out the X-RAY feature and it is really cool. One thing I did notice is that you can't X-RAY links it just jumps to the new page when you click on the link. Is there a way that you could X-RAY items with hover instead of click? I see that some people asked for the onclick but I think the hover works better because you could x-ray links and not have to be clicking all over the place looking for different items. With the hover you could just move your mouse around as the different parts x-ray. Then when you click on it could stay highlighted. I love the X-RAY feature it is a great addition to the editor.

Thanks,
Brian
Brian Taylor

Postby Karlis » Mon May 14, 2007 1:26 pm

We shall improve this feature in the future. There are currently technical problems with links, but we shall fix this.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests