Project - Color memory

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Project - Color memory

Postby Stevebsfan » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:50 am

Hello, i'm new to the forums and the software, I have a quick question I hope isn't stupid and i'm just missing.

When i'm editing a css file, and I use the Inspector to mess around with the properties, is there a way to have custom palettes?

What i'm getting at is that if I create a blank style sheet, and add #CCCCCC as my first background color in the sheet, is there a way to add this color to a project list so when i'm trying to decide on a color to use later in my css file, I can see a list of the colors currently being used in my project?

Does this question make sense, if so, is this feature currently in the program? Thanks!
Stevebsfan

Postby Karlis » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:47 pm

Yes, it makes sense. Currently there is no such feature, it has been suggested, so you may expect it to appear in one of the future updates this year.

Also, if you are a advanced computer user, you may define your own Color Palette grid by editing the colors.ini file under the data\ sub folder under the app directory.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby saschapi » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:52 pm

I wanted to ask if this feature is near to release?
I am considering to buy Webbuilder, because development of Topstyle seems to be terminated.

On first look I am only missing "Colors that are used in this cSS file" and "tabbed display of opened files".

What do you say about that?

Best regards Sascha
saschapi

Postby parcley » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:00 pm

if we're talking color schemes...i know topstyle had a feature where you could type in a color and it would show you 5 complimentary colors...maybe a couple of versions from now...
parcley

Postby saschapi » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:04 pm

i am not talking about color schemes! I am talking about a table with all colors used in the same file.
You can see how often each color is used and where. The best feature was that you could easily change a color in ALL tags, ids and classes with one mouseclick. So if a customer decided that the green is " a little to green" you could simply replease all ;)
saschapi

Postby syrupcore » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:56 am

saschapi wrote:The best feature was that you could easily change a color in ALL tags, ids and classes with one mouseclick. So if a customer decided that the green is " a little to green" you could simply replease all ;)

neat!
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Sat May 12, 2007 1:39 pm

This feature is still pending... but it is nice and does deserve to see the light.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby syrupcore » Tue May 15, 2007 12:59 am

It would be cool to have a few color tools in webuilder as well. I use these online tools a lot. this might all be webuilder 2010 'pipe dream' stuff but...

1) something along the lines of slayer office's tool: http://slayeroffice.com/tools/color_palette/ it's open source. I think microsoft is moving this direction with it's office software. make color schemes very very simple. it's just mixing the base with #fff and #000.

2) this thing is really cool. also open source: http://colorblender.com/ I'm not exactly sure what it's doing but it makes picking palettes easy for some of devs who may be a bit, ahem, 'color challenged'.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests