encoding problems: switching keyboard layout doesn't work

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

encoding problems: switching keyboard layout doesn't work

Postby zissakos » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:49 pm

Hi Mr. Blumentals,

first of all congratulations for this great peace of software, RAPID PHP 2006. After the disappointment with HomeSite not supporting utf8 very well, it took me a long time to find a new HTML/PHP editor and I finally found one that has everything I ever needed.

Unfortunately the utf8 support in Rapid PHP doesn't seem to be fully implemented: when I change the keyboard layout to greek and type in some characters, the editor shows only garbage (some strange characters that are certainly not greek). If I do this in other applications, they behave as expected: greek characters appear. I use WinXP Pro, Service Pack 2.Saving the document as utf8 and reopening it doesn't solve the problem. I am using the default font Courier New, which HAS greek characters.

I don't know if this is really a utf8 issue or even an issue with the configuration of my computer (I dont' think so).

Please make the Editor compatible to any language the user switches his/her keyboard layout to.
zissakos

Postby Karlis » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:34 pm

Yes, this is a known problem. As for now (while it has not been corrected) the solution would be to set the Windows System default locale language to one that you would like to be using for typing.

We hope to release a fix with the next update.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby aday1234 » Wed May 10, 2006 5:57 pm

I am a chinese
and I have the same problem
aday1234

Postby Karlis » Thu May 11, 2006 8:44 pm

Chinese is not supported and will not be supported. Sorry :roll:
Last edited by Karlis on Sat May 20, 2006 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby aday1234 » Fri May 19, 2006 2:43 pm

if chinese will not be supported,then
I will turn to use other alternatives,such as zend or phpedit for they support all kinds of language.
aday1234

Postby Karlis » Sat May 20, 2006 6:05 pm

Sorry :roll:
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests