File Management Features

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

File Management Features

Postby phper » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:05 pm

I've now had a chance to try out RapidPHP and WeBuilder. This is such an awsome editor, I went purchased WeBuilder after just two days of using the trial version.

After using WeBuilder working on porting ASP code to PHP, I've come up with a list of Feature Requests. This is the first group that all has to do with file manegment.

Code: Select all
Create New File on FTP server.  Or be able to "Save As" to the configured FTP connection.  Basically to keep from having to save a new file locally then uploading it.

Copy/paste files in FTP would be nice too.

TreeView in FTP with files as part of the tree nodes.

Having the Files as part of the tree nodes in the local folders would be nice too instead of a seperate window. That would allow you to access files in sepearte folders without having to go back and forth between those folders.

Option for when opening a file that is already open, that it just changes focus to the file that's open instead of opening another copy of it (both local and FTP).  Use path and filename to determine if the file is already open.

When opening a file, have it open in the same mode as other currently open files (Not always maximized).

Would like to hear others thoughts on these too...
phper

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests