Editing Features

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Editing Features

Postby phper » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:13 pm

This is my last group of feature requests. They have to do with Editing.

Code: Select all
Better code collasping.  Perhaps have the editor recognize specific comments, such as //Begin Section [SectionName] and //End Section [SectionName] and have it automatically create a collapsable section between them only showing the "//Begin" line when collapsed.  And have the editor automatically create collapsable sections on local functions definitions only showing the function signature when collapsed.

Code: Select all
An option to change SHIFT-SPACE to CTRL-SHIFT-SPACE for inserting " "  With just SHIFT-SPACE, it's too easy to insert them by mistake when typing with alot of CAPS.

Again, Would like to hear others thoughts on these as well..

Also just want to say again how much I LOVE this editor. It's a MUST HAVE for anyone wanting to do PHP. It's already so feature rich, it's unbelievable. I like the fact that the software makers actually listen to the users feedback to improve the product. I've already recommended this editor to other developers that I know..

Thanks again BlueMentals Software!!!

phper
phper

Postby syrupcore » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:01 pm

I hear you on the shift-space. That fits in better with the current shift+key shortcuts though. It can get a little weird but consistency is important too.

From an earlier post, it sounded like Karlis has plans for more robust code collapse but wanted to introduce the feature sooner than later.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby HyrumR » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:31 am

Enlighten me if I'm wrong, but can't you customize all your keyboard shortcuts? Or was that something added into version 2006 that you don't have. Currently ctrl + shift + space shows the function hint, but you can change it. Click Options -> Keyboard Shortcuts and configure everything to your heart's content. :D

As for the code collapsing thing, that would be nice, but I rarely use any code folding features, so it doesn't really concern me that much.
HyrumR

Postby phper » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:46 am

HyrumR... Thanks for the info.. I had not see that (blind as bat sometimes).

I changed the function hint to CTRL+SHIFT+.
And the autocomplete to CTRL+. (was CTRL+Space), so they are consitant with each other.

Then moved the &nbsp to CTRL+SHIFT+SPACE

Works great!!
phper

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests