Indentation guides

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Indentation guides

Postby dave » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:56 pm

Please seriously consider adding 'indentation guides' to the editor. It is a feature of my current editor (Programmers notepad), which I would find difficult to live without.

Quite simply it places a faint vertical line at the end of a tab character and gives a very clear visual representation of nested code, and particularly comes into its own when code spans over several screens and the start and finish brackets can no longer be seen.

Implementing this feature would instantly get you a new customer and would enhance what appears to be a great editor :D
dave

Postby Vandulus » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:46 pm

I'll second this feature request as it would make debugging nested code much easier!
Vandulus

Postby Gatis » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:53 pm

Unfortunately this is not possible now.
We have received some requests about this already and have thought about it, but the control we use does not support this.
To implement it ourselves would be a lot of work. However, we won't forget about this feature and will keep it in mind. Maybe some day...
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests