Web Server Settings During Upgrades

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Web Server Settings During Upgrades

Postby Vandulus » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:41 pm

After installing an upgrade, I always have to reset my web server path and URL. All of the other screens in the wizard seem to load my previous configuration. Is there any way you can have the startup wizard pull these two settings ?
Vandulus

Postby syrupcore » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:51 am

I didn't have this problem. Sorry I dont know enough about it to offer any help.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby elwood » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:09 pm

I have the same problems as Vandulus. After installing the upgrade and going through the "wizard" that comes up when starting the new version for the first time, Webuilder remembers all of the options except for the web server path and the location of the web documents. Also, regardless of which interface style I select during this "initialization" process, it doesn't remember which panels I have set to open on the left side of the editor and I have to go through and manually reset them. This has been going on now for several version upgrades. The terms I am using above may not be exactly correct (I can't remember them right now), but I hope this is relatively clear. :)

Elwood
elwood

Postby Vandulus » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:12 pm

To clarify, I believe it's the fifth or so screen in the "first run" wizard. The path to the web server and its URL (aka used for mappings) resets to c:\htdocs and http:\\localhost intead of pulling these settings when upgrading. Every other screen of this wizard does pull my previous settings. It's nothing major, but annoying nevertheless.
Vandulus

Postby Karlis » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:55 pm

That's why you should use settings import utility after installing the new version as described here:
http://www.blumentals.net/rapidphp/faq. ... pd_upgrade
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby phper » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:15 pm

This is not an issue of upgrading from 2005 to 2006.

This issue involves updating the v2006. ie.. from 7.01 to 7.1.

After installing, it walks you through the setup wizard. It defaults to all the settings you had configured, EXCEPT for the web settings described above. It always reverts back to c:\htdocs, etc...
phper

Postby Karlis » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:31 am

If you are upgrading between minor versions, just hit Cancel.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Vandulus » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:28 pm

Yes, I was referring to upgrading 7.x versions. I always thought if you dismissed the wizard it would just reappear the next time I reopened WeBuilder. Thanks for the info!
Vandulus

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests