PHP Function highlite

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

PHP Function highlite

Postby MrLucky » Thu May 04, 2006 9:42 am

First, thanks for the great editor :) it really rules.

But one question, is it possible to highlite standard PHP function. I think it shouldn't be to hard to implent, because there's already an ini file with all the PHP functions.

Thanks in advance
MrLucky

Postby Karlis » Thu May 11, 2006 8:56 pm

Thank you for your feedback and this idea.

Yes, there is an ini file, but it is huge and syntax highlighting takes a lot of time. We had even to implement fast sorting algorithms to make it available for auto complete and it is still relatively slow if we need to load the full list.

Are you willing to wait one second for opening every PHP document? If there were say 100 of functions, that would be no problem, but with all those PHP modules, the number reaches thousands... which would make the software slow.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests