Format CSS rule as single/multiple lines

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Format CSS rule as single/multiple lines

Postby charlesroper » Wed May 10, 2006 10:24 am

I've been a long time TopStyle user and have just discovered WeBuilder. Wow! What a fantastic editor. This is what TS should have been if it had not sadly been left to stagnate (no disrespect to Nick Bradbury there, I know FeedDemon has been keeping him busy).

So I'm almost ready to switch, but there's a feature in TS I use all the time that I've not been able to find in WeBuilder: format css rule as single line and format css rule as multiple lines. So with a quick keystroke, this:

Code: Select all
a {
   font-weight: bold;
   color: #0096BF;
   text-decoration: none;
}

becomes this:

a { font-weight: bold; color: #0096BF; text-decoration: none; }

It's not the same as code collapse as the changes are persistent, you can view and edit the content of the rules, and only requires the cursor to be somewhere in the rule (either on the selector itself or within the block). This feature allows me to collapse and expand rules at will, enabling me to view more of my rules on-screen at once, while also allowing the luxury of expanding a rule at will for easy editing. It makes editing large CSS files much easier and more convenient.

Another useful feature would be to be able to use Select Tag Block on a closing tag, not just the opening one.

Many thanks!

Charles
Last edited by charlesroper on Thu May 11, 2006 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charlesroper

Postby syrupcore » Thu May 11, 2006 6:52 pm

I'm not sure I understand the second part but ctrl+w should select the entire tag block no matter where you are in there.

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby charlesroper » Thu May 11, 2006 7:16 pm

Try with this HTML:

<ul>
   <li>List item</li>
</ul>

Try placing the cursor in the </ul> then invoke Select Tag Block. Likewise, try it from within the </li>. It doesn't select the tag block for me in either of these scenarios. However, it does work if I'm on the opening tag, or within the tag.

Also, try Select Tag Content from within any of these tags. For me, the only situation in which it selects what I would expect is when the cursor is between the <li>s. What I'd expect is if the cursor is within the <ul> tags, it would select everything within the <ul> tags, but it doesn't.
charlesroper

Postby syrupcore » Thu May 11, 2006 8:09 pm

sorry, thought you were talking about CSS earlier.

I see what you mean. That's kinda odd.

<div>

<ul>
   <li>List item</li>
</ul>

</div>

Similarly strange, if you click past the </ul> but before the closing </div> tag, it only selects between the closing ul and the closing div when choose 'select tag content' and selects nothing at all when you choose 'select tag block'.

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Thu May 11, 2006 8:37 pm

Feature "Format CSS rule as single/multiple lines" is already in the roadmap and will be implemented as time permits.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby charlesroper » Thu May 11, 2006 10:50 pm

Great, thanks Karlis. :D
charlesroper

Postby charlesroper » Thu May 18, 2006 1:02 pm

Have the tag/content selection issues discussed in this thread been confirmed as bugs? Are they likely to get fixed in the forseeable future?

Cheers,

Charles
charlesroper

Postby Karlis » Sat May 20, 2006 6:11 pm

currently tag block selection from ending tag is not supported, only from the beginning tag... we will be improving this with the time
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests