Steal some ideas from 1stPage 2000

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Steal some ideas from 1stPage 2000

Postby 5TILLFREE » Sat May 15, 2004 6:34 am

I've been looking for an editor to replace 1stPage but even as dated as FP is, it's hard to find a worthy replacement. HTMLPad is the closest I've seen; it's very good.

Here's a few of the features from 1stPage I'd like to see integrated in the next release:

This is certainly NOT specific to 1stPage MOST editors have this but HTMLPad doesn't have (at least I've not found it) a simple Table button that lets you select the number of rows and columns graphically. Everyone else does why not HTMLPad ?

Extensive context menu support. HTMLPad's extremely limited use of the context menu is dissapointing. Perhaps the greatest loss (of switching from 1stPage) is the ability to highlight any potion of code and create a link via the context menu. I do this all the time. It's much quicker than selecting from a menu or clicking a button which requires you to move the mouse to the top of the screen.

The ability to convert selected text to all caps or lower case is another context menu action I use repeatedly and would like to see. Generally the more context-menu actions the better. 1stPage has an extensive context-menu. It's just a smart way to do things.

Ability to dock the color picker to the side of the code window (with a very small footprint)

I like the buttons 1stPage has vertically along the left side of the code window.

I don't like the way 1stPage handles the selection of Favorites folders, but I do like the idea of having a handy list of frequented folders.

I could go on and on but I wont :)

Some of my favorite things about HTMLPad are the color picker that works OUTSIDE HTMLPad's own window (nice!), and the clipboard cache - very cool!. It's hard to make up my mind between 1stPage and HTMLPad, but I hate switching between editors. :(
"Select" Windows Freeware
http://FreewareMotherload.com
5TILLFREE

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests