Preview .PHP has HTML

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Preview .PHP has HTML

Postby webdesiglx » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:56 pm

Hello again,

Another thing to improve more WeBuilder is this, like Dreamwaver:

Be able to preview .PHP files, and only intrepret the HTML code out of the <? ?> tags, it is very useful if you dont whant to install a local apache webserver.
webdesiglx

Postby kfury77 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:19 pm

YES PLEASE!! PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE!!

I work with .asp files a lot and it's a pain that I can't preview them at all in the preview pane within WeBuilder. Please can we have a "basic" preview for languages like ASP and PHP.

thanks!
kfury77

Postby syrupcore » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:34 pm

webdesiglx, I'm pretty sure there are programs now that will allow you to just run apache/php without having to install it. double click and you have a functioning webserver. close it when yer finished. no install, no appache.conf... When I do my next system reinstall, I'm certainly looking into those. what a headache apache setup was!

Kfury, I'm not sure about xp home but I'm pretty sure you can preview ASP files in your webroot on xp pro - usually C:\Inetpub\wwwroot. You can change that via services, IIS, mappings or something like that.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests