HTML Inspector Suggestions based on DOCTYPE

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

HTML Inspector Suggestions based on DOCTYPE

Postby jahwz » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:50 pm

HTMLPad and/or WeBuilder 7.2.0.68

When the inspector lists available attributes for an HTML tag I am editing, it doesn't seem to consider the DOCTYPE. For instance, in a <div> tag, align is not a valid attribute for HTML 4.01 Strict, but is for 4.01 Transitional.

Is it possible to have the Inspector list attributes only valid for the DOCTYPE specified in the currently loaded document? Or at least a switch on the Inspector panel so that only valid suggestions are offered?
jahwz

Postby Karlis » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:27 pm

It does look at the document type, however Transitional/Strict/Frameset are not distinguiished, because that would be too detailed, at least nobody has ever requested this.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby jahwz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:48 pm

Karlis wrote:at least nobody has ever requested this.

Well, I can certainly understand that implementing something like this would be a major task. Before HTMLPad (Webuilder), I have never even tried to make use of the inspector console. Since this is the first major update to my editor in quite some time, I decided to give it a try. I imagine there is no other editor that makes this distinction either. Bottom line, I don't expect or really need this, though it would make the inspector much more useful IMHO... I will however settle for more HTML syntax highlighting options (form, img, etc) :wink:
jahwz

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests