List of classes and ids

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

List of classes and ids

Postby Bitdaf » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:37 am

It would be really nice if when this point is reached:

... class="

A list of classes, as defined in the linked style sheet, would appear/allow selection/complete the action.

Sorry if this does exist - I didn't see it.

Thanks
Bitdaf
Bitdaf

Postby chrisjlocke » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:42 am

It does, but just not how you'd expect! ;)
Complete the tag (ie, leave the class blank) then go back and use the inspector. A bit of a fiddle, but it might be improved soon!

Demo of what I mean, here.
http://www.creapsoft.co.uk/download?id=44dd8779
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Bitdaf » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:52 am

Ah ... I see. Thanks.

Yes - that's clumsy. I would be looking for more of smooth bit like TopStyle.

Thanks again!
Bitdaf
Bitdaf

Postby charlesroper » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:51 am

I would like to add my vote for this feature.
charlesroper

Postby notuo » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:22 pm

Count mine too
notuo

Postby Alan Palmer » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:33 pm

Add my vote as well!
Alan Palmer

Take this to the next level

Postby PARoss » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:35 pm

This is a good idea. But can it be integrated so that we can not only reference an existing class or id, but create one?

Maybe it could be linked to (or replace) the code that generates deprecated HTML. We can create CSS styling on an element, but the style is created "inline." And inline CSS is pretty much a violation of everything that CSS is trying to do (separation of content and presentation).

Unless I'm missing something, the Inspector treats the class=" as HTML, not as CSS. Yes, there are entries called "class" and "id" in the Inspector, but they don't suggest any existing classes, and they shouldn't be mixed in with HTML tags (IMO).

Again, what I'd like to do is to be able to create CSS classes and ids (not inline CSS) while working with HTML. Maybe it would need to have an associated Style Sheet open, or maybe it could create the class or id in the head -- that's a minor concern.

Phil
PARoss

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests