more shortcuts please

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

more shortcuts please

Postby Rogern » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:33 am

I often use the "new file from template" function and it annoys me every time that i have to click file, then new from template and finally select the php tab.
It would be really swell to have a shortcut which brings me to the template selection.

Generally i feel there should be more shortcuts in HTMLPad. Otherwise it's a great program, probably the best html editing program i have used so far.
Rogern

Postby chrisjlocke » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:06 am

You can. Simply edit the keystroke needed for 'New from Template'.

From the 'Options' menu, select 'Keyboard Shortcuts...'

From the keyboard shortcut dialog, select 'New from Template' and click 'Assign shortcut'.

Finding a shortcut not in use is quite difficult, as Karlis has pretty much mapped most combinations to something, but its easy to remove mappings, or re-map them to something else.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby chrisjlocke » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:10 am

Another solution is to use a code snippet. Create a snippet which contains the template (with the before and after curson bits as required - so you can be editing straight in the middle of a document - saves more mouse clicks!) and assign that to a keystroke.

Now, simply open / create a new document, and press your keystroke to enter the new template.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Rogern » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:24 am

ah of course. Thanks so much :D
I somehow overlooked that option....
Rogern

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests