Several feature requests

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Several feature requests

Postby livertwist » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:30 am

Hi Karlis and all the developers, thanks for such a great program.

Over the last x# of years, I've been coding pages, using practically every program out there. I've used HomeSite, HTMLKit, WebCoder 5/2005, 1st Page 2000/2006. WeBuilder is really top-notch. I've been using the demo and recently decided to buy it. However, as good as it is, there's always a feature or two I miss from another product. Here's hoping some of these things can be included.

* vertical 'center' toolbar, as in 1st Page 2006 - bookmarks, word wrap options, gutter options, preview options, indent, outdent, etc
* inline highlighted 'wrappers', as in WebPad .Net (colored lines or bars to illustrate beginning and ending of indented tags)
* make the code/preview/split bar adjustable to top or bottom
* set active document name to be bold when opened and go red when modified; ie: red AND bold if active & modified, just red if modified but not active - easier to quickly identify which are modified than with a *
* as previously requested, as in WebCoder, project colors, pulled from stylesheet
* customizable color toolbar, as in 1st Page 2006 - with common rgb colors & editable color swatches as well as auto-loading colors from project
* toolbar along bottom of screen with tag breadcrumb trail, as in 1st Page 2006 - clicking on tag would move cursor to that tag, clicking on arrow selects entire tag
* tabbed general/html/php/css/script toolbars - or be able to turn current toolbars into a tabbed bar - seen in HomeSite, 1st Page, etc etc - maybe this is just me, but I really find the old-style tabbed toolbars SO much easier to find what I need than just a huge shwack of toolbars along the top with tons of buttons. It would be especially awesome if this could be docked to the tab or not, as preferred, to keep your primary (open, save, etc) tools always visible
* Import/export code library, to allow users to share libraries, or from home/work
* allow toolbars to be placed vertically? ie: alongside code editor window

This is what I've come up with so far. Keep up the great work!

Oliver
livertwist

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests