Displaying full path on-screen

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Displaying full path on-screen

Postby markd » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:56 pm

Hi

Can I just second the request for the full path to be displayed down on the status bar or even up on the title bar. Essential when you're back-tracking on site versions and you have two files with the same name open.

Otherwise a lovely ergonomically sound environment that is a pleasure to use. I haven't launched my beloved AceHTML Pro for a couple of days.....

Having said that the PHP support in AceHTML is _very_ complete.. come on Karlis ...... no pressure!

markd
markd

Postby Karlis » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:28 am

A feature - current document path displayed on the screen - is currently in development and will most likely be available with the next update.

About the second thing. I'm not very sure I understand your comment about PHP support in HTMLPad, you could e-mail me any more detailed comments on this. Thanks!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

PHP etc

Postby markd » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:54 pm

Working in several 'languages' I don't even bother trying to code from memory a lot of the time. This is why being able to double-click a tag and its attributes and have them appear in the editor is so cool. A joy to use!
I never have to check the syntax. I know the tag is well formed and that the attributes are correctly spelt.

I'd like to see this ease extended to PHP whereby the whole PHP language
is available in a similar way. You extend, say, the MySQL node in a a PHP tree, you find the command you're looking for, you double-click it and up pops a dialog guiding you through the required and optional arguments and the return values. Throwing PHP code-completion into the equation would be terrifc.

This is still a very nice editor and I shall certainly be taking advantage of the August deal!

Mark
markd

Postby Karlis » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:41 am

Full file path feature is available now in version 5.23, you can see full file path by moving mouse over the document tab in HTMLPad taskbar.

Speaking about PHP, I think this is a good idea and should be brought to reality in one or another way. Thanks!

And one more thing - August special offer is extended, so you have now more time to evaluate the HTMLPad.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Full file pqth now available...

Postby markd » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:57 am

Wow!

That's what I call responding to customer needs!

Well done and thank you, Karlis.

markd
markd

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests