Alphabetical sorting of CSS properties

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Alphabetical sorting of CSS properties

Postby Ryan Williams » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:03 pm

It'd be great if WeBuilder automatically kept your CSS properties in alphabetical order; I've written in this way for ages and it really helps my workflow if I know roughly in what order the properties will be.

Operating this way in WeBuilder is normally no problem, but I've noticed that when using the GUI to change CSS properties such as font-weight, etc, it simply adds them to the bottom of the current selector. I'd love to see the option to make it appear in its alphabetical place.

If this functionality already exists or could be some kind of plugin, please let me know and/or move the thread to the appropriate place! :shock:

I personally think operating in this alphabetical fashion is a a great addition to anyone's workflow, so encouraging it by including it as a WeBuilder option seems ideal to me.
Ryan Williams

Postby Karlis » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:39 pm

No this does not exist. The cost would be speed.

The gain - alphabetical list of properties. Please cast your votes here.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby EvilBMP » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:05 pm

+1

nice idea --- but if the cost would be the speed, than maybe it should be possible to enable/disable this feature in css language settings - so everybody could choose!
EvilBMP

Postby syrupcore » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:46 pm

would this run in real time somehow or would be part of a 'make my css pretty' operation that you would run periodically?
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby EvilBMP » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:55 pm

well, thats a good question ... i think realtime would be nice, but not that easy to implement - so the idea with a cron or maybe just a button to "make css pretty" would be a good start :)
EvilBMP

Postby Karlis » Sat May 12, 2007 1:09 pm

I'll check whether this can be included in the CSS beautifier which is currently being programmed.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests