HTMLPad Backup Files

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

HTMLPad Backup Files

Postby websquad » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:35 am

With the 2006 version of HTMLPad, when you save a file it creates a file called myfilename.shtml.bak. If it is saved again, then the old .bak file is erased and replaced with a new .bak; thus, you get only one generation of backup.

I much the NoteTap Pro file backup solution. If the most recent file is
index.shtml
the one that it replaced is
~index[003].shtml ... and the one it replaced is
~index[002].shtml ... and the one it replaced (the one you started with) is
~index[001].shtml

Thus, if you really mess up, you can go back to where you started, or to any of the interim backups along the way. At the end, you can alpha sort your subdirectory and the ~ characters will float to the top, where you can erase some or all as you feel led ... :)
websquad

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests