Select All doesn't work in dialogues (possibly bug)

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Select All doesn't work in dialogues (possibly bug)

Postby Ryan Williams » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:18 pm

In certain dialogues in WeBuilder 2006 and 2007, using Select All fails and simply does nothing. A quick example is the hyperlink creation boxes, where you type the URL and whatnot in; however, it affects most throughout the program.

Related to this issue but possibly completely different to fix is using Select All in the search or search/replace dialogues. When you do it in here, which would be particularly useful in search/replace to copy what's in the first box into the second box, the focus remains on the document and the whole text of the document is selected instead of what's in the dialogue box you're focused on.

I'd personally consider these bugs as general Windows functionality dictates that if a dialogue field is focused on, Select All takes effect in that box and not whatever else might be open. :idea:
Ryan Williams

Postby syrupcore » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:35 pm

while I don't disagree with you, I really appreciate that webuilder is modal with certain dialogs and I really really appreciate being able to select text on the page while the find dialogs are open.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby parcley » Tue May 01, 2007 12:21 am

i agree with syrup

it's very important to me that i can interact with the document while a dialog is open.

*ps- i'm a big fan of the dialogs by the way...they are very helpful when i blank syntax.

*pss- i just found the code folding...outstanding!!

every time i open this fantastic program i find new and cooler stuff.
parcley

Postby Karlis » Sat May 12, 2007 12:46 pm

For tiny windows simply right-click the field to call the popup-menu and click Select All.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests