the html dialogs

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

the html dialogs

Postby parcley » Thu May 03, 2007 5:14 am

it would be really cool it each of the dialogs to insert various bits of HTML (ie forms, tables, images, hyperlinks, etc.) had a check box that, if checked, automatically escaped all the double quotes ("). so the out put could be

Code: Select all
a href=\"blah.com\" title=\"title\">asdf</a>

or

Code: Select all
a href="blah.com" title="title">asdf</a>

depending on that option being selected or not...

this would be really useful for putting HTML in to php echo statements and the like...

just an idea.

ps - so i just posted it and the html got stripped - i'll try again
parcley

Postby syrupcore » Thu May 03, 2007 10:31 pm

hey, that's a cool idea.

I use selective find and replace for this now but it seems like something most of us have to do regularly enough that perhaps it will be added to the ever growing list... :)
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby chrisjlocke » Sun May 06, 2007 9:58 am

This feature already exists - well, half of it.
Script -> PHP -> Convert HTML to PHP

So, after inserting your HTML, highlight it again and click the 'CHtP' menu option, or the button in the PHP toolbar.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby syrupcore » Mon May 07, 2007 7:28 pm

oh snap! That's awesome. sooo many features, so little time...
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby parcley » Sat May 12, 2007 7:39 am

yeah that sorta works...

i've actually changed my mind though i think a better implementation on this is to have a button, all it's own that simply escapes the highlighted text.

right now the 'convert' button/feature uses the echo/print statement.

i think we need a button that simply escapes the string. maybe the 'convert' button has a third option so that the user can choose echo, print, or none and the none is where the string is simply escaped....
parcley

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests