Feature Request: More font options for the editor window

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Feature Request: More font options for the editor window

Postby camerondean » Sun May 20, 2007 10:18 pm

Karlis, love the software... using HTML Pad 2007... currently in a Fast Track IT training program, and will probably be sending some customers your way. No kidding... LOL.

I have a feature request: More font options for the editor window.

That's it.

Keep up the great work.

Best regards,

Cameron
camerondean

Postby MikeyB » Mon May 21, 2007 9:46 am

Hi Cameron,

I've been using the full WeBuilder for must be nearly a year now, I just like the way it works!

Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean by "More font options for the editor window."
Do you mean change the font in the editor window? If so, goto Option -> Preferences -> Text Editor -> Choose Editor Font and you can choose from any of the fonts you have installed.

Cheers
Mike
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Tue May 22, 2007 1:35 am

I think Cameron wants to use non-programming fonts like Times New Roman etc. which are non-fixed-size which is pretty impossible at this time.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Font Choices

Postby camerondean » Sat May 26, 2007 3:31 am

Karlis,

Currently the choice of fonts I have are as follows: Courier, Courier New, Fixed Sys, Lucida Console, Lucida Sans Typewriter, Terminal, and WST_Engl... their are some other WST fonts for other languages... it is like the program is not picking up all of my system fonts.

I have CoffeeCup HTML Editor and Dreamweaver on my system, and they pick up all of my system fonts...

Is there something wrong with my installation, i.e., should it be picking up all my system fonts, and how can I fix this?

Thank you very much.

Cameron
camerondean

Postby Gatis » Sat May 26, 2007 7:33 am

There is nothing wrong with your system or our program.
Right now the component we are using simply can not display fonts that are not fixed-size.
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby syrupcore » Tue May 29, 2007 9:05 am

there are a ton of free fixed-width fonts out there on the interwebs. I've been, I hate to admit it, digging the one that came with MS Outlook 2007. Can't remember what it's called at the moment (it's on my work box). Very easy on the eyes.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests