Lower case mode

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Lower case mode

Postby Ryan Williams » Thu May 24, 2007 11:01 am

I think a good enhancement would be to allow people to put the editor into lower-case mode. When I do my coding I like to do everything in lower case, except content such as image URLs and body text.

In other words, when I make a form I like it to say method="get" and not method="GET". When I add a hex colour I like it to be f5f5f5 and not F5F5F5, etc.

I find this looks a lot better to be eyes, and keeping everything consistent is a must so multiple people can work on the same project easily and such. While WeBuilder does a good job of keeping in line with XHTML's need for tags to be lower case, but I'd like it go that bit further.

Perhaps I'm just being too picky here, but seeing this option in stuff like TopStyle Pro makes me miss it in WeBuilder. I only want stuff to be upper case if I specifically make it upper case myself. :wink:
Ryan Williams

Postby chrisjlocke » Sat May 26, 2007 8:14 am

Where do you stop though? Someone else wants it all in uppercase, so you have to add an option somewhere to toggle it. Then you like URLs in uppercase, but that won't work for Linux URLs, so someone else will want another option added.
Soon the options dialog ends up like Outlook with multiple tabs, 'Advanced' buttons and mind boggling combinations.

There is already an option to convert to lowercase (Edit -> Change character case -> Convert to lowercase) and Karlis has even made this option keyboard-shortcut-able. Highlight your code (CTRL + A) and hit your shortcut. Job done.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby syrupcore » Tue May 29, 2007 9:02 am

I'm with Chris. I too like my stuff entirely lowercase but, if you're still at the template level, it's two shortcuts away. Or, write it all by hand- then it'll be lowercase! ;)
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests