Keyboard customization

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Keyboard customization

Postby runbei » Fri May 25, 2007 2:05 am

HTMLPad = yet another wonderful product that requires Bill Gates's atrocious keyboard assignments.

How can I possibly go from using WordStar-like editing keys in UltraEdit (or even MS Word!) to the painful lift-hand-off-keyboard-and-transfer-to-arrow-keys that Bill gave us.

Please, please, I'm begging you - add a full range of cursor movement and editing commands to keyboard customization, or give us macros.

(I downloaded the latest in hopes that this might have been done.)
George Beinhorn
<a>www.fitnessintuition.com</a>
runbei

Postby Gatis » Sat May 26, 2007 7:29 am

Do you mean you do not like the default Shortcuts and want to use some other?
You can change this under Options->Keyboard Shortcuts...
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby runbei » Sat May 26, 2007 7:22 pm

Thanks for responding. Yes, I'm aware of Options > Keyboard Shortcuts.

I'm requesting that all of the text-editing keystrokes be added to the Options > Keyboard Shortcuts dialog - for example, "delete charter left," "delete left word," "cursor up," "cursor down," "cursor left word," "cursor right word," "delete next character," "delete last character," "cursor to left end of line," "cursor to right end of line," "delete to end of line," "cursor to next paragraph," "cursor to previous paragraph," etc.

Many text editors and word processing apps have this option, including MS Word, NotePad++, HTMLEdit, UltraEdit. In MS Word, HTMLEdit, and UltraEdit, if the above editing options aren't available in the keyboard editing menu, you can create them with a macro, then assign the macro to a keystroke.

In the help forums of programs that don't have these options, I've frequently seen it requested by users. Some want to duplicate their customary Vi/Vim keyboard, or Emacs, WordStar, etc.

Thanks for listening.
George Beinhorn
<a>www.fitnessintuition.com</a>
runbei

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests