some desireable features

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

some desireable features

Postby drjee » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:50 pm

Hi,

after getting the update, here is an update of the feature I still desire to be implemented:

Functionality:
1. Make all defined special character entities (as defined in HTML 4.0) available from the insert special character dialog. (I know, one can edit the ini-file, but why not just do it once for all users)
2. For project management: add a simple to-do-list assignable to each project.
3. Add a link checker/validator for verifying links.
4. Add a dialog for standard meta-tags (Dublin Core)
5. Add a scripting/plugin engine as eg in HTML-Kit (very nice if one wants to expand functionality and you could create a user library to share plugins).
6. Add tools for easily creating roll-overs and image-maps.
7. Add a scrollbar-skinner tool.
8. Add a visual structure tool (again, have a look at the new HTML-Kit)
9. Maybe, if it does not slow down the app, add an editable preview (just text editing would be sufficient for eg quickly correcting spelling errors).

Usability:
1. In a tag (as known from eg Homesite) right-click and/or a (definable) hot-key should give access to the respective dialog (if it exists) for an easy change of parameters. (I know, one can use the inspector, but sometimes a dialog is just more convenient, and if you already have coded one, why not use it?)
2. The file explorer should work as one is used to in the windows explorer: so, please, let the user choose to eg have a detailed view with the usual sorting mechanism by pressing on the column titles.
3. Code collapse should also work when word-wrap is active.
4. Add a command/button to quickly disable/enable all code helpers.

GUI Enhancements:
1. Option for a tabbed view of toolbars (the classic Homesite-style!) for those - I might not be the only one - who prefer it that way.
2. Option for grayscale/unicolor (in the latter case: user definable color) icons: this will make the app look much more elegant and less toy-like.

I hope most of this will make it in future updates to V2007.

Cheers and thanks for this otherwise great editor.

drjee
drjee

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests