Showing tabs graphically

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Showing tabs graphically

Postby NetVicious » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:01 am

Hi!

I think RapidPHP and other programs lack this feature of showing tabs without click on show hidden characters.

Quanta Plus does this using comma-chars like:
http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tabsyp5.gif

Notepad++ does this using a little vertical bar
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/com ... rotate.gif

I think it's a good way of see blocks of ifs, cases, and others.
NetVicious

Postby bandrej » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:35 am

I vote for vertical bar (Visual Studio style) and agree that this would be usefull indeed.
to-do: full-screen feature
bandrej

Postby blank » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:37 am

I like the auto code-collapse blocks that are created as well. Handy.
blank

Postby Gatis » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:09 am

At the moment the component we are using does not support these "vertical bars".
However, possibly we will find a way to implement it. I guess this won't happen in the nearest time, but hopefully (if nothing more important comes up), during 2008 we could do it.

The "code-collapse blocks feature" will be included in version 2008. The only problem we are having now is the timing when editing very large files. One option we are thinking about, is to disable this feature for large files automatically.
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby drjee » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:10 am

why not just make it an option (default on) and if a user finds that it takes to long he/she can disable the option

cheers, drjee
drjee

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests