Double Click on PHP Vars

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Double Click on PHP Vars

Postby ouzo » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:26 am

If you doubleclick a PHP Var only the word is marked not the leading $

It would be more comfortable if the $ sign would marked also.
ouzo

Postby bandrej » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:30 pm

Tastes differ. I like it the way it is.
to-do: full-screen feature
bandrej

Re: Double Click on PHP Vars

Postby mimmux » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:53 pm

using rapidphp 8, when i select a var with double click like "$foo" it select only "foo", instead using rapid php 11 it select all the var "$foo".
There a way (like an option or something like this) to tell to rapid php 11 that it must select only "foo" and not "$foo" (sorry for my bad english).
Cause this problem i lost a lot of time with this new version of rapid php, because on my code i've a lot of row like this one

$foo = $_POST['foo'];

and i'd like widht double click copy the left "foo" on the right "foo", i did it with rapid php 8 but in rapid php 11 i must select it dragging the mouse.
mimmux

Re: Double Click on PHP Vars

Postby geertemo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:10 pm

I would like a choice for $ or no-$ as well.

Today I searched the forum and found several requests for this "what is selected when you double click a word" issue between 2004 and today.
The answers from Karlis ranged from "no time now" to "I will put it on the list" to "I prefer not to add an option" to "this will never be implemented" (or words with this general message).

Isn't it possible to add an option to the Text editor Preferences concerning text?
My old AceHTML editor (Rapid PHP is MUCH better!!) had the option to tell the editor which characters (like -+/_:=$ etc) to include with a double click.
Such an option would shut every conversation selecting PHP variables, selecting dash ("is math", " no is char", "no is negative number"), etc. etc..

I really hope you will consider such an option!

For the rest: keep up the great work!
Geert-Emo
geertemo

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests