One additonal keyboard shortcut

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

One additonal keyboard shortcut

Postby Deadmeat » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:33 pm

First things first, what an incredible package. I've been using Homesite all along but the PHP support was useless. RapidPHP does everything I need it to and just as well, if not better than Homesite. I bought it within half an hour of finding it. Especially love the built in css editor. No more trial version of Topstyle for me!

One feature in Homesite that saved me endless time was the ctrl-< shortcut. It put in a double arrow bracket automatically - <>

If you could include this simple shortcut so that it inserts the double bracket and then places the cursor inside it, you would have surpassed homesite once again.

Cheers
Deadmeat

Postby Karlis » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:52 pm

Thanks! Sure... this will be included in the next minor update. I would appreciate if you could give details on caret behavior, where should it be placed? Between braces I guess, like this <|> ?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:04 pm

Yes. On a similar note, the closing tag was also shortcutted: ctrl-> gave you </> with the caret here: </|>

Postby Karlis » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:51 am

In version 2005 you will be able to create your own text insertion shortcuts.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:34 pm

Excellent

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests