A couple of enhencements please

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

A couple of enhencements please

Postby Okar » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:52 pm

I'm using Rapid PHP 2004 which I bought 2 days ago. I like the idea behind it. Although it is not an IDE, it emulates this kind of environment very well without having the down side. I really appreaciate the liberty it gives the coder to use PHP interpreter as independent CGI or a server module, as in some cases, PHP behaves differently depending on the API used.

However, I think that some aspects of the editor need to be reconsidered.

1- I would appreciate to be able to use the snippets I add to the library through hot-keys, instead of trying to hunt them with a mouse cursor within a menu.

2 - It would be greate if clicking on a line number could set a bookmark there.

3 - The way the panels are handled is rather strange. I tried to save different layouts without success. Left, right and bottom panels seem to be glued. Why not to be able to toggle them individually? I close the left and right panels, perform a 'seach in files'... Broummm! They are all visible again. Im coding, thus using editors, for more than 20 years now. Believe me, this is really annoying.

4 - Word Wrap (I know it's hard to manage) ignores the right margin. The gray vertical bar at the 80th column seems to be decorative. Lines are wrapped at the editing area's right edge. A negative side effect is that, when the line exceeds the editing area's width by only one character, this last character is not brought to the next line but disappears upon word wrapping.

The editor is already a good one, so why not to make it even better?
Okar

Postby Karlis » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:03 pm

Thank you for your post!

1- I would appreciate to be able to use the snippets I add to the library through hot-keys, instead of trying to hunt them with a mouse cursor within a menu.

Will be in upcomming version 2005.

2 - It would be greate if clicking on a line number could set a bookmark there.

Will think about.

3 - The way the panels are handled is rather strange.

Panels work like in Visual Studio, in fact they can be stacked one onto another. If you want to detach single panel, grab its *tab* and move it. If you want to close panel, click "X". If you have chosen to view detailed search results, the messages panel is displayed automatically.

Word Wrap (I know it's hard to manage) ignores the right margin.

Will take a look.

Thanks again![/quote][/code]
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests