Color Highlighting for VBscript language

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Color Highlighting for VBscript language

Postby zetacon4 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:50 am

I am currently using version 5.3.2.43 of HTMLPad.

I'm very impressed with the work you all have put into this fine product.

I current am required to use both Javascript and VBscript scripting languages in coding my html and asp pages.

I worked very hard trying to discover how to change the editor text highlighting for VBscript. It appears this feature is not supported or only mimics the rules used for javascript highlighting. Could you offer some feedback on this? I get almost all my text set to the reserved word color of Blue that I have selected. I also get text strings set to my preference and a few of the actual reserved words set to black.

It appears I only have three colors that are being applied to the highlighting. All variables, document element objects, arrays, etc. are the default blue. And some reserved words, such as Select, End are the default blue also. Ending Reserved Words are left to the default color.
In VBscripting, these are considered block statement formats and the ending color should match the beginning color.

AND - there is no entries at all for VBscripting in your HTML document type selection for editor colors, only javascript. If I was not clear enough here, please email me your questions and I will gladly expand on this topic.
Thank you very much.
zetacon4

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests