Action of Tab key when multiple lines are selected.

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Action of Tab key when multiple lines are selected.

Postby zetacon4 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:01 am

I apologize for repeating this but I had something else to add that was not addressed in the previous mention of this feature.

1. This is the main request. Please, when dragging the cursor at the left margin to select multiple lines, do not include the line below the cursor in the selection. Do not highlight that line either. Only highlight the lines that the cursor has passed. This will make clear to the user what lines any further actions taken will act upon.

For an example, when copying or cutting selected lines, only the dark-color highlighted lines are acted upon, even though you have also highlighed the current line with the light blue color! Please only highlight and act upon the lines that have been selected. Be consistant with your highlighting and selecting.

2. And, I think I read this requested in one of the very early posts here.
Please allow the user to click in the left margin (either with, or without another modifying key (control, shift, etc.) ) to highlight the entire line for copying or moving by dragging. I do so much of this it would be a great help.

I think these are actually very related requests. Sorry if they should have been separate.

Again - Wonderful product!!!
Frank
zetacon4

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests