Code Compare

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Code Compare

Postby delay » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:37 am

This is a rather large feature and it may be tough to implement. I would like to see a file compare option that would allow you to compare two files side by side and it would show you the differences between the two file versions.

I know this is a really large feature to implement but I think it would be very useful for the PHP version.
delay

Postby Karlis » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:06 pm

We are currently searching for a 3rd party product to be able to provide this feature, unfortunately such products alone cost over 30$ per copy and it is reasonable, because as you understand, this is something not very easy to create. So we keep searching.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Beyond Compare integration

Postby ZAP » Mon May 23, 2005 5:26 pm

Perhaps you could just add a way to integrate a code comparison program as an external tool? For example, Beyond Compare. Then those who want this feature could shell out the extra cash.
ZAP

Postby Karlis » Wed May 25, 2005 1:21 pm

ZAP, you have exactly the idea. I have had no time to review all te possible tools for doing this task. I would appreciate if you would list such tools here.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby fgd » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:04 am

admin wrote:ZAP, you have exactly the idea. I have had no time to review all te possible tools for doing this task. I would appreciate if you would list such tools here.

Personally, I am using "Beyond Compare" at http://www.scootersoftware.com/ and found it great with its numerous features (including FTP). At $30 it is a very high quality feature/price ratio
Best Regards
Francis
fgd

Beyond Compare Rocks

Postby ecarlson66 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:53 pm

It's the best tool out there. Check it out.
ecarlson66

Postby davemvn » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:26 am

WinMerge is an open source tool
http://winmerge.sourceforge.net/
davemvn

Postby Karlis » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:15 pm

WinMerge looks interesting...
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin