Allow "permanent" disable of messages window

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Allow "permanent" disable of messages window

Postby Bud » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:30 am

I hate the messages window when there are no errors.

When it is docked and I run the tidy task, it always pops up, taking away valuable real estate.

If I undock it and then close it, it seems to want to pop up in the upper right hand corner, no matter where it last was.

So far, the only way I can figure out how to make it less of a bother is to undock it, resize it to almost nothing, and then push it off the edge of the screen---but then I can't see when there are real problems.

So, my ideal behavior:

1) A choice in the options to either "never show messages window," "show messages only when there are warnings or errors," or "show messages only when there are errors"

2) Save the last known position of the messages window, and restore it to that point.

Cheers,
Bud
Bud

Postby Karlis » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:05 pm

You will have this in 2005.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests