Virtual variables

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Virtual variables

Postby WhiteDog » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:47 pm

I know WeBuilder supports loading referenced include files (PHP) to allow auto-complete for your own functions.
This only works however when WeBuilder can find the files (located in same directory?).

Would it be possible to add "virtual variables" to allow WeBuilder to find include files in other directories?

I'll give an example to make things more clear. In PHP i have this:
include("$root/news/comments.inc");

$root is a variable i set at the beginning of script execution. This works fine online but offcourse WeBuilder does not know what $root is.
What if i could specify somewhere in WeBuilder that $root points to "c:\website\includes\" ? WeBuilder would be able to find the file and be able to show the auto-complete for my own functions.

To go a step further, I would also like to be able to enter a ftp path (e.g. $root = \home\me\www\includes) and WeBuilder could then (in the background) download that file and use it to show auto-complete.
WhiteDog

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests