Request for new features and fixes

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Request for new features and fixes

Postby pjafrombbay » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:54 am

Hi!

First off, what a great product. I have been using TextPad with my own clip libs for many years. Tried a lot of different editors but always gone back to TextPad. With HTML Pro I am actually using it for 'production' web sites.

There seems to be a problem with tabs, I cant seem to set tabs to work properly or consistently. I would just like to have simple 4 char tabs with auto tabbing and tabs converted to spaces but none of this seems to work with the settings window.

Could you add a better list of HTML entities, see http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_entitiesref.asp for a good list. I use the elippses (...) symbol quite a bit.

Lastly, could you add more HTML tags such as <blockquote>, <q></q>, <abbr> <acronym> <cite> <code> <dfn> <var> and table tags such as <caption>

Thanks for such a good editor.

Regards,
Peter :D :D
pjafrombbay

Postby Karlis » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:30 pm

Thank you, Peter!

As for tabs, they should work fine if you select the tab width = 4 and disable convert TAB to spaces and disable smart tabs. If you do not wish to use real TABs, but automatically insert 4 spaces with every TAB keypress, you should enable convert TAB to spaces (smart tabs still disabled). What is currently not possible - you can not open file with tabs and expect them to be automatically converted to spaces, because this works only for newly inserted tabs. I am not usre what do you mean by auto tabbing.

Anyway we plan to improve this greatly in HTMLPad 2005.

As for entities, you are right, quite a few must be added.

The last one - where would you like to put those additional HTML tags. Currently they are available from the Font dialog box.

Thanks again for your feedback!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Tabs

Postby mikeopacic » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:19 pm

Hi Karlis,

Whilst on the subject of tabs:

I like to set tabs up to a size of 3 with tabs converted to spaces. With the other two editors I use regularly no matter where you are on a line of text , when you hit the tab key you move to the next character position which is an exact multiple of 3 (or whatever you have set your tab size to), inserting just the right number of spaces to achieve this.

With HTMLPad & Rapid PHP the tab key simply puts in 3 spaces regardless of your position on the line. In the 2005 products is there any chance of changing the behaviour to that previously described? - it makes jumping to the right place via tabs visually much easier to achieve.

Thanks

Mike
mikeopacic

Postby Karlis » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:48 pm

Ok, I see your point. Good point. Most likely this will be scheduled for 6.1 (first major update to 2005) as the current schedule for 2005 final release is already packed.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests