Dynamic Templates

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Dynamic Templates

Postby NearZero » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:05 am

Hi,

Currently the code preprocessor file include statement allows you make use of a template system.
This can be used in a similar fashion to dreamweaver DWT's, update a single file (template), and then update all files.

However the process in WB is awkward and time consuming for the following reasons...

1) You must open each file which has the file include statement and then click save (changed or unchanged works).
2) The FILE | SAVE ALL option does not work in this case (preprocessor file include), meaning one must do each file individually.
Note: Also tried using REPLACE IN FILES (Under Search) hoping to trigger an update :(, was worth a shot :).

So, would it be possible to have the following...

1) Allow file explorer to open more then one selected file, currently you must use FILE | OPEN, (this would be nice but not essential).

2) Add an option to FILE or TOOLS or Project Manager to parse all files in the current folder and it's subfolders to update any file which uses the file include preprocessor statement to be automatically updated. Simply open/save/close (like Replace in Files option under Search), during which the user must wait for the process to complete and be prompted if a file is currently open and unsaved. I don't believe it is necessary for WB to keep track of which files use which template, it simply processors them all.

3) It would also be handy if you could use the right click context menu on a file and have an option to process only that file. For example the file is a template (extension does not matter, nor does WB need to know it is a template), you click UPDATE TEMPLATED files, WB then parses all files and only updates files which use this specific file in the file include preprocessor statement.

Hope I have explained this correctly, WeBuilder is a great product, enjoy using it :)

Cheers
NearZero

Re: Dynamic Templates

Postby nevans » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:13 pm

I totally agree with this.
The ability to include files is excellent, I use it a lot, but can be a pain when one has lots of files to manually update!
nevans

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests