CSS3 confuses Compress CSS Code

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

CSS3 confuses Compress CSS Code

Postby garethjmsaunders » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:43 am

I was wondering if there were any plans to incorporate CSS3's partial attribute selectors into the Compress CSS Code feature.

Code: Select all
[attribute { ^= | $= | *= } attribute value] {
declaration block
}

The reason I'm asking is that I'm using the Blueprint CSS framework with the icons plugin which makes use of the likes of:

Code: Select all
a[href^="http:"] { background-image: url(icons/external.png); }

But when running the Compress CSS Code feature in WeBuilder 2008 I get the following error:

The operation could not be performed due to the following error:
Incorrect syntax: Possibly cause by omitted or unnecessary language tokens. Error at row 14; token '^="http:"]...'.

I have CSS Language Options within Preferences set to CSS Level 2.1 which seems to be the highest we can currently select in WeBuilder 2008.

If you've no plans on implementing this support just yet, can I be cheeky and ask if anyone knows of a tool that will support CSS3 selectors? I'm going to check out the YUI Compressor for JS/CSS next ... Ta.

Gareth
garethjmsaunders

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests