Ctrl-click to call Find Declaration

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Ctrl-click to call Find Declaration

Postby zuggsoft » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:04 am

I can tell that you use Delphi to write RapidPHP, so you should already be familiar with this concept. In Delphi, when you hold down the Ctrl key and click on a function or variable, it will jump to the declaration. You already have a right-click Find Declaration function, so it seems like it might be easy to bind this to Ctrl-click.

Then you need some kind of "Go back to previous edit point" command. Right now when you use Find Declaration, there is no easy way to jump back to where you were. Usually you would create a Prev/Next stack and use Alt-Leftarrow and Alt-Rightarrow to cycle between the locations. And also find the mouse Prev/Next buttons to that.

So in the best of worlds, you would Ctrl-click a declaration, then use the Back mouse button to get back. And ideally it would be able to find declarations in other files within the project (although this would require scanning files in the project tree, which can be tricky and slow).
zuggsoft

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests