Projects don't work as expected

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Projects don't work as expected

Postby jobowo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:02 pm

Geez, maybe I'm missing something but I can't get Projects to work in the way that I expect them to work.

To me, a project is a group of scripts/other files that are tied together. When I create a new project, I'd like that file/list saved in the project folder (as name.prj or something); as I add to or drop files from that project, I'd like this list updated. (A nice feature here might be to allow a file to be closed without necessarily dropping it from the project).

When I open a project (from Project Manager), I'd like all files in the current project to be saved and for the new set of files to be opened, and for my default directory to be changed to the working directory for this project.

Sure it would be nice to have more than one project open at a time and flip between them using tabs, as with files.

Is this the way RPHP is supposed to work? At present I cannot see anything happen when I open a project. I cannot see where the project file is saved.
jobowo

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests