FTP CHMOD

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

FTP CHMOD

Postby Mike77 » Thu May 05, 2005 1:44 pm

A nice feature would be to change the chmod settings of a file or a directory on an ftp-server.

something like this here i took from my Flash FXP FTP-Program:

Thanks, Mike
There are only two, great PHP-Editors, Homesite and Rapid PHP :)
Mike77

Postby Karlis » Tue May 10, 2005 9:56 pm

CHMOD feature, seems reasonable for me, just need to check out the feasibility.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Karlis » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:51 pm

I'm sorry I deleted the second post, but it was the same feature request posted already previously.

CHMOD feature is planned in longer perspective. It will not become available in the nearest months, because some FTP engine rewriting is required and doe to low requests I can not give this a priority right now. We will try to make this in version 2006.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby TheGreatCornh0lio » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:52 pm

Please implement this - one of my servers automatically CHMODs to 700 for newly uploaded files. These files therefore do not work in Web.

Also it would be fine to set a default mode after uploading [new|existing] files.

Thanks!
TheGreatCornh0lio

Postby syrupcore » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:59 am

TheGreatCornh0lio wrote:Please implement this - one of my servers automatically CHMODs to 700 for newly uploaded files. These files therefore do not work in Web.

you should get a new server! ;)

I dunno how you're dealing with that now but it's pretty easy to do in FileZilla if you need a way to get it done.

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby TheGreatCornh0lio » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:57 am

syrupcore wrote:you should get a new server! ;)

I dunno how you're dealing with that now but it's pretty easy to do in FileZilla if you need a way to get it done.

It's not my server but the server of my customer. It is misconfigured.

I know how to change it using an external app but its not hard to implement this into RPHP.
TheGreatCornh0lio

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests