FTP PORT Mode additional settings needed

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

FTP PORT Mode additional settings needed

Postby SilverHand » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:58 am

Hallo, Karlis.
After some time using WebBuilder (9.5.1.105) I run into problem with FTP.
Some of my customers are not using FTP Passive mode on their FTP sites and also their PORT settings are from some strictly set range.
So I cant connect to their sites. So the problem is, that when I am working from behind some ROUTER, FTP Connector adds my LOCAL IP adress into the PORT command, but I connecting from PUBLIC IP to the FTP site.
In praxe FTP site gets connection from example 89.56.78.12 but PORT command uses my LOCAL IP: PORT 192,168,1,3,194,250. So it refuses my connection.
So it will be very helpfull to ADD options:

Becouse without this I am not able to work on their FTP sites and that means, that I must upload all changed files by another FTP program and thats very very annoying work.

Thanks a lot, with regards Silver
Cya Silver

Every problem has its solution! But sometimes we can't find it!
PC info: Core 2 Extreme 3Ghz, 8Gb DDR 3, System HDD: RAID 0 - 2x raptor 150, Vista Ultimate 64bit
SilverHand

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests