Feature Request: Remember & Restore - File Sizes & Placement

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Feature Request: Remember & Restore - File Sizes & Placement

Postby CaliforniaJerry » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:03 pm

WeBuilder 9.5.2.106

Here's a related post on this topic from Oct 22, 2008:
the constant forced opening in full screen is enough of an irritation that I now understand why fellow programmers do not like any of your editors for major corporate work. It is a childish display not letting the user choose the size and placement of involved multi-file projects each time it needs to be reopened. I just worked on a project that required five files open at the same time and I used your Tools/Load a list of files but they all open full screen losing the sizing and placement on the screen that I previously had set for them. View This Post > Here

I agree with that disgruntled user that this is an important if not ESSENTIAL feature to have in a professional development environment.

When we Launch the Application (with file restore option set), OR Open A Saved File List: The program should Remember & Restore the Files, Sizes & Placement to what they were the last time. Please refer to my 14 Ultimate Feature Requests

In fact, as that user pointed out, it may be there are many users who will simply move on to other programs and not even bother to visit the forum or mention why they are dissatisfied. In other words, they won't be here to cast their vote on this issue, they're just gone. It's THAT important. (I guess I've made my point... :mrgreen:)
CaliforniaJerry

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests