Find in Files: Choose Folder by marking in File Explorer!

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Find in Files: Choose Folder by marking in File Explorer!

Postby x3po » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:58 am

I was just playing around with Dremweaver CS 4 and noticed a nice feature:

When you select a folder in the File Explorer and then open the Find&Replace-Dialog, then that marked folder is filled in the Search-Dialog as the starting point for that specific search. I think that's a great idea, as you can select a folder with a single click and no need to click through a file dialog, as it is now in WB.

I think that would be a great thing for WB!

Regards.
x3po

Re: Find in Files: Choose Folder by marking in File Explorer!

Postby carlosmossman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:58 am

+1
carlosmossman

Re: Find in Files: Choose Folder by marking in File Explorer!

Postby x3po » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:49 am

Any chances that this might find its way into WB?
I often use "find in files", and the possibility to choose the starting folder by a single click (and don't need to choose the specific folder in the open folder dialog) would be a great improvement for this editor!
x3po

Re: Find in Files: Choose Folder by marking in File Explorer

Postby Tecktron » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:38 pm

+1 for this.

Also when working with a project, I sometimes want to search just within a folder (usually within that project).
It would be nice if when switch from a project search to a folder search, that the folder dropdown would automatically update to be the current folder (as list in the project/treeview).

Thanks!
Tecktron

Re: Find in Files: Choose Folder by marking in File Explorer

Postby winne27 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:01 am

+1

I miss this feature very often.

Another posibility should be the third alternative "Current folder" in addition to "Folder" and "Current project" for the "Search in" radio buttons.
"Current folder" should then use for searching the path of the selected open file.
winne27

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests