On the fly special char conversion

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

On the fly special char conversion

Postby Patrice » Wed May 18, 2005 10:24 am

Here are two suggestions to make life easier to users of PHP Rapid using languages with accented letters (french, german...).

1. On the fly conversion of special char
When the user types in special chars, they are automatically converted to their entity counterpart.

There could be an option to toggle this on or off.

The user could be able to modify the list of special chars to be converted.
(In french, for instance, the accented letter "é" is very fequent. Reading a text with é instead of each "é" is not a pleasant task. In particular, at the end of a day.).

2. On the fly conversion of special char + friendly display
As previously, when the user types in special chars, they are automatically converted to their entity counterpart. However, the editor still displays the special char, not the entity. A special background color could be used for such characters.

For instance, when the user types in the french word : hƩtƩrogƩnƩitƩ,
the code should be hétérogénété,
but the editor should display hƩtƩrogƩnƩitƩ.
(You should guess with this example the reason of my request :wink: )

Thanks
Patrice

Postby Karlis » Wed May 18, 2005 7:38 pm

Thank you for your suggestions. I will think about them when plannning new features.

Currently you can use Edit -> Convert Special Chars features.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests