preview staying put

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

preview staying put

Postby coelacanth » Wed May 18, 2005 6:27 pm

When you edit the bottom part of the webpage, everytime the preview gets refreshed it scrolls back to the beginning, i.e. I can't see the changes while I'm typing. I hate that. I have instant preview yet can't see the changes in the preview. All I get is flickering. That's no good.

I understand why it's happening, but this needs to be addressed. Maybe there are users who go to the 'split screen' mode and don't want their changes being reflected in the preview pane, I for one do.

Get this fixed and I'll buy it. Until such time I will use the free 2000 version :-)
coelacanth

I agree

Postby Bud » Mon May 30, 2005 11:22 pm

This is especially annoying when editing a longer webpage; make one change, and you have to scroll the preview window down.

At the worst, the preview window should scroll down to the line where the cursor is in the code. At best, it should scroll down to where it was before the change.

Thanks
Bud

Postby Karlis » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:50 pm

Yes, indeed this is an issue and not an easy to solve/fix. Nevertheless, we are fighting :-)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests